Android Screen orientation

Maxim Akristiniy

Jun 13, 2017, 11:16:35 AM6/13/17
to android-porting
Hello,
Android 7.0
Have a question about initial Android screen orientation.
My screen supporting image for input only in landscape mode. (width > height), but displaying it in portrait mode )
So, how get image from surfaceflinger in portrait mode, but painted from left to right (rotation 270).

I found, for example, if changing orientation in Surfaceflinger->DisplayDevice.cpp->setProjection
All painting ok, but If I want to rotate screen, it of course not rotating.

Question :
how change initial screen rotation ?

Satish Patel

Jun 18, 2017, 7:18:12 PM6/18/17
to maxim.ak...@gmail.com, android-porting
Hi Maxim,

If you are looking for framework changes (for default behavior), I would suggest to refer ths file.

If this single application or luncher app changes, then need to go by standard manifest and https://developer.android.com/training/multiscreen/screensizes.html

--
satish

Regards,
satish patel

SangTaek Kim

Jun 26, 2017, 11:26:07 AM6/26/17
to android-porting
You can use any apps on PlayStore about the Rotation Control.

Also, you can make an apps for Rotation Service and set some modes for rotation if it doesn't have the mode you want. 7.0 is easier to make the Service than under version by draw over other apps function.

search the ActivityInfo & SCREEN_ORIENTATION