cant compile android tree git://android.git.kernel.org

genxsol

Mar 5, 2010, 1:20:58 PM3/5/10
to android-porting
Hi Dear,

i am not able to compile the Android tree from git://android.git.kernel.org

collected 3102 test methods in 225 junit test classes
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: failed to parse
at util.build.BuildDalvikSuite.parseTestMethod(BuildDalvikSuite.java:
734)
at util.build.BuildDalvikSuite.handleTests(BuildDalvikSuite.java:359)
at util.build.BuildDalvikSuite.compose(BuildDalvikSuite.java:170)
at util.build.BuildDalvikSuite.main(BuildDalvikSuite.java:136)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: cts/tools/vm-tests/src/dot/
junit/opcodes/iget_short/Test_iget_short.java (Too many open files)
at java.io.FileReader.<init>(FileReader.java:55)
at util.build.BuildDalvikSuite.parseTestMethod(BuildDalvikSuite.java:
710)
... 3 more
make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/vm-tests_intermediates/
tests] Error 1

can anybody help to figure out whats the problem.

Tony Donadio

Mar 15, 2010, 4:41:36 PM3/15/10
to android-porting
Does anyone have any feedback on this? I'm seeing the same problem
(building on Ubuntu under Virtualbox).

On Mar 5, 2:20 pm, genxsol <genx...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dear,
>

> i am not able tocompilethe Android tree from git://android.git.kernel.org

Curt

Apr 26, 2010, 12:27:33 PM4/26/10
to android-porting
I'm seeing the same error, but there is a twist. If I build this on a
IBM 3550, 8Gig memory 2.5Ghz Xeon 8 core processor unit, it builds
fine. If I build this on (with the same version of redhat 5.4
installed) on an IBM 3550 M2 with 64Gig of memory and 16 3.0Ghz Xeon
16 core processor unit, then I get a similar error seen above:

collected 2048 test methods in 216 junit test classes
warning: no davadoc found for method test VFE7 in
dxc.junit.opcodes.areturn.Test_areturn
Excciption in thread "main java.lang.RuntimeException: failed to parse
at util.CollectAllTests.parseTestMethod(CollectAllTests.java:
421)
at util.CollectAllTests.handelTests(CollectAllTests.java:206)
at util.CollectAllTests.compose(CollectAllTests.java:135)
at util.CollectAllTests.main(CollectAllTests.java:104)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFound Exception: cts/tools/dx-tests/src/dxc/
junit/opcodes/ddiv/Test_ddiv.java (Too many open files)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileINputStream.java:106)
at java.io.FileReader.<init>(FileReader.java:55)
at util.CollectAllTest.parseTestMethod(CollectAllTest.java:
397)
... 3 more
compile the Main_*.java files
acp: file 'out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/dx-test_intermediates/
mainfiles/data/scriptdata' does not exist
dxconverter test suite successfully built!
intermediate Main_*java files (for stacktrace analysis) can be found
under out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/dx-tests_intermediates/
mainfiles
$