pico-tts can I ship the language files?

Android Newbie

May 29, 2014, 5:52:32 PM5/29/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
The TTS engine appears to get built in and working in our device, however you need to manually download and install the voice data before using it.

I can't figure out the right (and legal!) way to include language file with the shipping device.

any pointers?

satur9nine

Aug 25, 2015, 2:39:39 PM8/25/15
to android-porting
As far as I can tell Google open sourced pico-tts so you are free to include it when you ship your product. I'm looking at a KitKat branch of AOSP and I see the language files are located in external/svox/pico/lang and there is a reference to them in the full_base.mk build file. The build script will copy the language files during the build to /system/tts/lang_pico

Jacob