How to playback TV audio input - still need AudioTrack or just use AudioPatch should be good.

gtva...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2015, 6:13:46 PM3/31/15
to android...@googlegroups.com
HI there,

I have a dumb quesetion regarding how to playback audio input for TV audio source based on the existing TIF (Tv input framework) framework? After went through the TIF document, I see an audio patch can be created between the audio source and audio sink to route the audio. Not sure if I still need to create an AudioTrack to handle handle all
the buffers (but where to get the buffers?)

Thanks much!

Eric Laurent

Apr 6, 2015, 11:46:21 AM4/6/15
to android...@googlegroups.com
No need for an AudioTrack.
The TIF will create the audio route between the TV Tuner audio source (or HDMI in which ever is selected) and the output device (speaker, HDMI etc...)  selected for media.

gtva...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2015, 10:20:10 AM4/8/15
to android...@googlegroups.com
Thanks much Eric! I'm writing a native application to handle TV input on Lollipop. So if I understand correctly, creating an audio patch between the audio source port (TV tuner) and audio sink port is all what is needed to playback the audio.

gtva...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2015, 11:17:19 AM4/9/15
to android...@googlegroups.com
Also if user needs to record the TV audio input, is MediaRecorder still can be used to record TV audio input or only AudioRecord is supported (android TV audio website only mentioned AudioRecord with sample code using AudioRecord). Thanks!