Android porting display on omap architecture

Liechtenstein abbey

Jun 18, 2018, 11:17:24 AM6/18/18
to android-porting
Hi there,
I'm trying to port Android 7 on omap4 Device architecture. In particular I don't know the steps to do to port the lcd display drivers. Could you please suggest me any documentato that explain how to do this or a summary where I can find the steps to do it?
Thank you guys for your support!

Satish Patel

Jun 19, 2018, 11:24:33 AM6/19/18
to marco...@gmail.com, android-porting
- ​Make sure LCD drivers are enable within the kernel​
- Also run some fbdev/fbtest like utility to ensure it works fine
- From the Android perspective it should work right after that..if hardware/qcom/display has the default implementation on /dev/graphics/fb0

Regards,
satish patel

chinda keodouangsy

Jun 19, 2018, 11:24:33 AM6/19/18
to marco...@gmail.com, android...@googlegroups.com
Do you already have the LCD driver source code or you have to write from scratch?

Anyway you have to check if your LCD driver supports a Device Tree ( DT ) mechanism and all your LCD's I/Os are  correctly defined in the  DT.

For more details, you check the following  link: https://source.android.com/devices/

Hope that help.

Cheers
Chinda

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "android-porting" group.