[android-porting] dual display support

Peter Lin

Mar 6, 2017, 1:24:07 PM3/6/17
to android-porting

I am trying to build a customized Android hardware with following capabilities:

  1. - dual LCD output (2560x1440 each)
  2. - display mode A: two panel showing differently, so the merged resolution is 5120x1440
  3. - display mode B: two panel showing same output, so effective resolution is still 2560x1440
  4. - be able to switching between 2 display mode during runtime (without restarting system or apk)

could someone shred some light how to achieve the above feature? My most experience is in Linux, not Android, so would appreciate if someone could give direction to start. thanks!