Missing "Install" for a new shared lib

Fabio Fumi

Nov 5, 2014, 10:17:12 AM11/5/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm adding ffmpeg AV codecs to a JB AOSP build, as explained in:

  https://github.com/omxcodec/stagefright-plugins

After some (minor) adaptation of source to JB, I managed to complete
the build, except for one issue.

Testing the new build on the real device I get:

E/SoftOMXPlugin(  313): unable to dlopen
libstagefright_soft_
ffmpegvdec.so: Cannot load library:
find_library[1201]:   313 'libstagefright_soft_ffmpegvdec.so' failed
to load previously

I then found out the new external/ffmpeg module was compiled, but not
installed onto target...

> cd out/target/product/emev
> find . -name libstagefright_soft_ffmpegvdec.so
./obj/lib/libstagefright_soft_ffmpegvdec.so
./obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libstagefright_soft_ffmpegvdec_intermediates/LINKED/libstagefright_soft_ffmpegvdec.so
./symbols/system/lib/libstagefright_soft_ffmpegvdec.so

I can't find an evident reason for that. Touching any file, it gets
properly re-built (target SharedLib: libstagefright_soft_ffmpegvdec
...) but I can't find any "Install" message
from make.

What should I check?

thanks in advance
Fabio

Fabio Fumi

Nov 6, 2014, 10:32:08 AM11/6/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
Easy! I had to add below lines to my device.mk:

PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \
        libstagefright_soft_ffmpegvdec