Android Framework Modifications

Filipe Teixeira

Feb 11, 2016, 11:10:16 AM2/11/16
to android-porting
Hi,

I'm currently developing a system for wifi-direct applications testbed.

To do this i need to make changes at the Android Framework level, in this case android.net.wifi.* packages.

To do so i've downloaded the entire android source tree, made some changes and recompiled it to x86. (latest Android Marshmallow build for Nexus 6, emulator with a Nexus 6.0 image from Genymotion)

In many forums developers have been manually replacing android framework jars and got it working. I can't make this replacement without blowing up the android image.

So is this possible or do I need to replace the entire build? That would be very inefficient for physical devices.

Thanks for the help, Filipe Teixeira