Information regarding Android Auto and Android Automotive

Oscar Dávila

May 19, 2017, 11:03:57 AM5/19/17
to android-porting
Hello,

I would like to get so information regarding Android Auto and Android Automotive, as today, I've only found information about how to develop applications for android auto (https://developer.android.com/auto/index.html), however, I have not found information regarding how to add android auto support to an embedded system, let's say, add android auto in my embedded platform so I can connect my phone to it.

Also I would want to know more about Android Automotive (https://source.android.com/devices/automotive) I understand that this is totally different to Android Auto, as this is the full android OS but with and automotive porting, is more information about this available out there?

Regards!

Renjith Rajagopal

Jul 17, 2017, 10:41:12 AM7/17/17
to android-porting
Hey Oscar,

Have you got any additional information regarding Automotive.
I was trying to integrate those feature .But couldnt able to find proper documentation.

Regards,
RR

Glenn Kasten

Jul 17, 2017, 10:52:09 AM7/17/17
to android-porting
This may cover what you need, but I was unable to locate a specific partnership contact for Auto

Bao Zhu

Dec 17, 2018, 11:59:02 AM12/17/18
to android-porting
Hi Oscar,

Android Auto is used between Android Phones and IVI Head Unit by projection.
So the programs for Android Auto are running on the phone side and projected to Head Unit screen.

Android Automotive is used to build an Android IVI Head Unit.
That means the OS of Head Unit is right the Android customized with Car features.

If you wanna build an Android Automotive, you should get the AOSP project and lunch asop-car-x86_64.
You will get a Android Automotive image after build.

Thanks!

在 2017年5月19日星期五 UTC+8下午11:03:57,Oscar Dávila写道: