DSP supported Android audio effects porting on Android

Sameer Joshi

Mar 11, 2017, 3:05:22 PM3/11/17
to android-porting
Hi,

We are working on a new Android device which will have the DSP supported Android Audio effects for AEC, Equalizer etc.

We have tried to call effects API directly through HAL read and write functions. However, we have not been able to achieve AEC since the delay from speaker output to mic input keeps on changing.

Also, we have observed that the FastMixer , FastCapture threads may not be called every period of 10 ms and it may vary in case of transducer changes or CPU load.

I wanted to know whether there is  a predefined way to integrate DSP level Audio effects in Android ? Any guidance in this regard would be helpful.

Thanks and Regards,

Sameer Joshi

Vishwanath Hegde

Mar 13, 2017, 10:22:54 AM3/13/17
to sameer...@gmail.com, android-porting
Hi Sameer,

I think this integration have to come from some where above audio flinger layer. Otherwise how do you expect these effects gets mixed per stream of interest?

Regards,
Vishwanath

Sameer Joshi

Mar 14, 2017, 10:36:44 AM3/14/17
to Vishwanath Hegde, android-porting
Thanks Vishwanath.

Is there a reference to look at which will help us in adding these effects, especially AEC ?

I see in the AOSP source code, reference to libqcomvoiceprocessing.so , which looks like a similar library from Qualcomm for using AEC provided by them.

Regards,

Sameer Joshi