Customize whole Android SystemUI width & height

ABOU ZID Ahmed

Apr 18, 2018, 11:23:07 AM4/18/18
to android-porting
Hello,

I would like to customize the systemUI dimensions (width height) like following :

I have one monitor resolution 1920x1080, I'm compiling the source with HDMI_RES 1920x1080.
But I want to display Android SystemUI only on the right part of the screen and the other part I want to keep it for another display.

For example for 1920x1080 Full screen, I will allocate 1280x1080 for Android System (including apps, statusbar, actionbar, wallpaper etc..) and 640x1080 for the other display.

I don't know exactly where can I set a maxWidth on the Android Source to make the layer create surfaces with custom dimension.
Maybe from the java ? Or directly from the SurfaceFlinger ?
I think it would be great to be able to customize the Max Width and the Max Height from Source.

Where should I go to set those sizes ?

Thanks for help.