proscan plt1065g

rewindustry n/t

Dec 25, 2015, 10:00:43 AM12/25/15
to android-porting
how do i compile an image from source to match my current hardware?

i'm new to android, i'm sorry to bother everyone about this - i do have a lot to offer the community in return, i promise, if you give me time to get sorted here...

i have an android tablet (proscan plt1065g) with what appears to be a hacked up version of the rockchip development board firmware on it, and i want to build my own kernel and utilities to run on this device.

i assume the kernel reports these details, as do the linux and bsd kernels?

and i assume i will be able to find the boot parameters and what i'm used to calling the FEX details in a similar place?

how do i get at this information?

i'm very tired, having spend far too much time trying and failing to do various simple things on a present to be, and i'd like to get this sorted tonight, if i can.

my aim is to make a secure backup of the existing firmware, both so i can study it carefully, in order to decide whether i trust it - or not - and also in case i somehow need to put it back on the tablet.

from there i hope to build a debian gnome or other image to run on there, instead, because i really don't know android, and to be honest i ~really~ don't like what i have seen, so far.

there does not seem to be anything proprietary on the tablet, unless you call bloatware proprietary. in which case i'd be wondering what you're hiding.

it's just a tablet, not a phone, so there's no sim security (ha,bloody,ha) issue involved.

as far as i can tell the existing firmware has been crippled to the point where even adb cannot connect to the machine - i think because the debug binary is missing.

if this is the case, can i reinstall the binary, and thereby have adb su to the machine, or how does this (not) work?

what i'm looking for is pointers to reliable resources that would guide me through this process.

thanks in advance, i hope you're all having a better christmas than this one is shaping up to be, so far..