Question on fastboot oem unlock

Joey Troy

Jul 12, 2017, 2:35:34 PM7/12/17
to android-porting
I have two questions and was wondering if anyone could assist

1. Is it possible to rename the unlock command to say 'fastboot oem secret_word'?

2. Is is possible if some one unlocks the device that it also formats the /system partition?

Thanks,

Joey

Glenn Kasten

Jul 13, 2017, 10:41:54 AM7/13/17
to android-porting
> 1. Is it possible to rename the unlock command to say 'fastboot oem secret_word'?

The host side of fastboot is open source, so you can do whatever you want to it, including adding an alias called "secret_word" or any other change. See

However the device side of fastboot is often closed source, so you would need to work with the device OEM if you want to change that.

> 2. Is is possible if some one unlocks the device that it also formats the /system partition?

Standard implementations wipe the data partition.  If you want to modify the code to wipe more partitions, see #1 above.

Joey Troy

Jul 13, 2017, 12:48:31 PM7/13/17
to android-porting
Thanks Glen, I have been building for Lollipop and the .cpp files are not in that branch. I will see what I can do to merge them in so I can make those changes to just wipe the partition on an unlock.

Joey Troy

Jul 15, 2017, 9:41:21 AM7/15/17
to android-porting
So far no luck. Would you have an idea on how I would implement this on 5.1.1?