How to remove apps from AOSP build image

Jinliang Sun

Sep 11, 2015, 1:37:23 PM9/11/15
to android-porting
Hi,

I want to remove some unused packages from my build. For example, to remove Email package, I change the generic_no_telephony.mk to remove Email line but it doesn't work.

Anyone know how to do this?

Regards,
Bruce

林俊良

Sep 13, 2015, 10:44:25 AM9/13/15
to android-porting
Hi,
Maybe, it was defined in PRODUCT_PACKAGES variable in somewhere.
Just try to find it out:
find ./build/ ./device/ -type f -name '*.mk' | xargs grep -nH 'PRODUCT_PACKAGES' | cut -d':' -f1 | sort -u | xargs grep -nHi 'Email'
or maybe you also need to check the ./vendor/ folder if it is existed.
And, don't forget to do make clean.

Best Regards,
Goldie Lin.

Jinliang Sun於 2015年9月12日星期六 UTC+8上午1時37分23秒寫道:

Jinliang Sun

Oct 1, 2015, 10:29:39 AM10/1/15
to android-porting
Hi Goldie Lin,

Thanks for your reply. I modified generic_no_telephony.mk to remove Email package and did make clean. It works. Thank you.

Regards,
Bruce