Questions about openmax event OMX_EventOutputRendered

Mike Zhou

Dec 31, 2015, 5:48:59 AM12/31/15
to android-porting

Hi:

                I am trying to integrate a hardware decoder component to android 6.0 and I found a new event OMX_EventOutputRendered is added in this version. After read the comment in OMX_Core.h, I still wonder how decoder should report this event.  I think I should send out this event from my decoder each frame after callback FillBufferDone called  because It writes “If component is doing frame-rate conversion, it must signal the render time of each converted frame, and must interpolate media timestamps for in-between frames.”. When I read the comments in OMX::OnEvent(), I found the event may contain more than one timestamp and it seems to be sent by certain time. Please help me to tell me which way is correct.

                Looking forward to your apply.

Best regsrds,
ming,