MPEG2 TS stream video player for Allwinner A20 platform

anuroo...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2014, 3:27:03 PM8/11/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am fairly new to Android. please correct me if my question is wrong.

I have an Allwinner A20 platform board from SMDT. Android 4.2 is already ported in it.
Now we are planning to integrate a TV chip with this (DVB-T) . Allwinner has TS control block and a sample driver along with it.

I have enabled the TS driver in kernel and I am able to insmod the tscdriver.ko. Now, how do I get the TS packets? do I need to write a separate application for this? normal media player cant play this format?

I have gone through the TS driver and I could see that there is no read() function implemented in it. hence, any player will not be able to directly access from this device.

I am not able to proceed on this. please help me to understand how can I get the video playing from a TS interface directly?

Is anyone already did similar work to see tv on android?

thanks
Anuroop

Fei Yang

Dec 23, 2015, 12:15:11 PM12/23/15
to android-porting

在 2014年8月12日星期二 UTC+8上午3:27:03,anuroop kamu写道:
 API to call the driver based on your DVB-T device.