Implementation of HAL for one of the feature in Android O

Kirti Badkundri

May 22, 2017, 10:34:52 AM5/22/17
to android-porting
Hi All,
         Need help to create my own HAL for one of the feature in Android O. As, In Android O, there are new concepts like HIDL.
Need inputs from experts.
If possible share the contact number, so that I can discuss. It will be great help from the Experts.

Regards
KKB

Glenn Kasten

May 23, 2017, 11:31:20 AM5/23/17
to android-porting
The current HAL documentation is here:
It has not yet been updated for O, because O is not open-source yet.
That URL will probably be updated sometime after O is open-source.

Alan Abraham

Nov 8, 2018, 10:10:22 AM11/8/18
to android-porting
Do I need to create a new interface for accessing a new device (connected via PCIe) in android? Are there existing HAL interfaces that provides generic interfaces?
How can I add a new interface, like hardware/interfaces/neuralnetworks? Something like hardware/interfaces/customdevice ?

Tranphong Vu

Nov 8, 2018, 10:45:35 AM11/8/18
to alan...@gmail.com, android...@googlegroups.com

hi Alan Abraham,

 it is not necessary to create a new interface using HIDL for accessing a new hardware device. Of course, if you want you can follow the Android HIDL implementation.

If you dig into Android HIDL you will see what do android do with them and it is not hard to refer.

Vào Th 5, 8 thg 11, 2018 vào lúc 22:10 Alan Abraham <alan...@gmail.com> đã viết: