How to disable physical keyboard in code (use virtual keyboard all the time)

shridutt kothari

Oct 20, 2016, 8:12:57 AM10/20/16
to android-porting
Hi all,

I have a hardware keyboard connected to the device, and so my device is not showing onscreen keyboard.

Currently after each reboot, i have to disable hardware keyboard, to enable onscreen keyboard from Settings > Language & Input > Select Input Method

What i want is on reboot also the onscreen keyboard should also work.

I tried following:

Invoked setHardKeyboardEnabled(false); in the end of constructor WindowManagerService(); But still on device boot onscreen keyboard is not showing.

Please suggest any solution for achieving this.

Thanks,
Shridutt Kothari