Modem saving SMS to SIM

Dave McLaughlin

Apr 24, 2014, 12:20:56 PM4/24/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
I have ported a generic RIL for a Huawei modem that is now working and I can send and
receive SMS and I finally got PPP to work.

The issue I have is that the system is saving all of the received SMS to the SIM so once
this fills up I can't receive any more messages.

I can go into the message app and then settings and manage SIM messages and delete
them but as this unit will eventually be located in a remote location, I need a way to
delete these as they are received.

My application is enabled to receive them as highest priority and I then call abortBroadcast()
to prevent the standard windows message app from receiving them. In fact, even if I do let it
receive them, they are still saved on the SIM.

In the RIL, there is a function setPreferredMessageStorage(void) function and this is currently
set for AT+CPMS = "SM,SM" which would indicate SIM storage.

When I receive the message, I call the getStatusOnIcc() which returns -1 indicating non
SIM (ICC) message.

I don't see any Android call that deletes these messages from the SIM.

The unsolicited result code for messages is +CMTI indicating from the SIM but the code
also have a handler for +CMT but when I read the RADIO logcat entry, it is always +CMTI

Does anyone know how to enable the system so that either messages are not stored in
the SIM or that they are deleted on reception after being received?

XDA EVA

Nov 3, 2014, 8:38:13 PM11/3/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
Good question. Did you ever find an answer?

rishi gupta

Nov 4, 2014, 6:59:07 PM11/4/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
Check settings app source code. we have an option where we want sms to be stored. if you track that function call, you will know how to do this.