Custom device change status bar background color

Steve Nail

Feb 2, 2017, 10:48:22 AM2/2/17
to android-porting
We are creating a custom Android device (Marshmallow) and need to change the status bar background color to white. I have attempted this by changing the colors in an overlay. I added the following: mydevice/overlay/framework/base/core/res/res/value/colors.xml file. In that file I tried modifying the following values:

"status_bar_closed_default_background"
"status_bar_opened_default_background"

I also made sure that my device.mk includes DEVICE_PACKAGE_OVERLAYS and it points to the correct path.

These changes so far make no difference. Other changes in mydevice/overlay/framework/base/core/res/res/value/config.xml file do seem to work.