How to add new device in android source tree.

Aditya Parmar

Jan 2, 2017, 10:41:23 PM1/2/17
to android-porting
Hey,
I'm making an Also rom for my HTC device and I have the source code and kernel code provided from HTC I've synchronized the repo but I'm unable to add my device to source tree, please help me with this.

AS

Jan 10, 2017, 10:36:23 AM1/10/17
to android-porting
You can find detailed information here https://source.android.com/source/add-device.html

Aditya Parmar

Jan 10, 2017, 11:15:36 AM1/10/17
to android-porting
Yes I tried but I can't understand, it is not detailed.
I have kernel source code of the device but I don't know how to add those to repo

Igor Kalkov

Jan 10, 2017, 2:23:49 PM1/10/17
to android-porting

AS

Jan 10, 2017, 2:23:49 PM1/10/17
to android-porting
Create a folder called local_manifests in your .repo folder. Add your device and kennel source repos to an XML file in that folder.

More details here http://xda-university.com/as-a-developer/local_manifests-cookbook

Aditya Parmar

Jan 11, 2017, 11:09:55 AM1/11/17
to android-porting
When I try to extract it I found that there is no .repo folder what should I do I have synchronized the repo for 2-3 times.

AS

Jan 11, 2017, 2:22:55 PM1/11/17
to android-porting
.repo is hidden. You can view hidden directories and files by pressing Ctrl + h on your keyboard.

Aditya Parmar

Jan 18, 2017, 10:34:48 AM1/18/17
to android-porting
i got a folder in .repo but i don't know how to create a XML file for my device because i:m new to android development. Can ypu walk me through the whole thing ?