Issue in Display of Android M porting on TI EVM

Viraj Mistry

Sep 11, 2017, 9:59:35 AM9/11/17
to android...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

I am porting Android M (AOSP 6.0) on TI sitara EVM having SGX530 graphics.

I have successfully build and load image on EVM and i got console working.( able to login in console)

But Display is not working.

I have loaded all EGL library ( libEGL_POWERVR_SGX530_125.so libGLESv1_CM_POWERVR_SGX530_125.so libGLESv2_POWERVR_SGX530_125.so) and it's related .so files.

Also i am using default hwcomposer and Gralloc that comes with AOSP source code.

But i am facing below error.

" libEGL : eglInitialize(0x1) failed (EGL_BAD_ALLOC)"

"SurfaceFlinger: no suitable EGLConfig found, trying a simpler query
SurfaceFlinger: no suitable EGLConfig found, giving up
F libc : Fatal signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -6 in tid 245 (surfaceflinger)"

Please refer attached log for more information.

Kindly tell me why i am getting this error ? Is it related to Hwcomposer?

Please help me in this matter.

Regards,

Viraj Mistry

LogFile.txt

Satish Patel

Sep 12, 2017, 7:10:29 PM9/12/17
to Viraj Mistry, android-porting
Hi Viraj,

Could you do -
ls -l system/vendor/lib/egl and lib64

Do you see logs similar to ...
loaded /vendor/lib/egl/libEGL_POWERVR_SGX.....
loaded /vendor/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_POWERVR_....
loaded /vendor/lib/egl/libGLESv2_POWERVR_SGX...

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 8:04 PM, Viraj Mistry <virajmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Satish,

Yes in Case I have rebuilt pvrsrvkm.ko with my kernel version 4.4.
 It's loaded successful.
I am using default gralloc and Hwcomposer.
But then it says no EGL config found.
What does that mean? Am i missing something?

Regards,
Viraj

On 11 Sep 2017 7:55 p.m., "Satish Patel" <tosati...@gmail.com> wrote:
I do not remember correctly at the moment, but  pvrsrvkm.ko is necessary for sitara soc. So it's worth trying out.

Which source port are you using currently ?

-
satish

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 7:49 PM, Viraj Mistry <virajmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Satish,

Thank you for the update.
Yes I have those binaries.
But I am not loading it but the flow using which those binaries load the modules I followed the same.

Please tell do I need omapflb.ko module?

I am loading pvrsrvkm.ko in my init script.

Also if you want then I will load those binaries and share the log.

Regards,
Viraj

On 11 Sep 2017 7:40 p.m., "Satish Patel" <tosati...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Vijay,

Have you checked proper binaries are present for sgx module to load
[    4.823579] init: cannot find '/vendor/bin/pvrsrvinit', disabling 'pvrsrvinit'
[    4.865977] init: cannot find '/system/bin/sgx/rc.pvr', disabling 'pvr'

--
satish

Regards,
satish patel

[...]