RILd

Gianmaria Iaculo

Feb 27, 2015, 5:21:02 PM2/27/15
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm using BBB with android 4.4.4_r1. I have all set for RIL but on logcat i continue to receive this message and nothing else:

root@ubuntu:~/aosp# adb logcat -b radio

I/RIL     (   68): Opening tty device /dev/ttyACM0

E/RILC    (   68): RIL_register: RIL version 9

D/RIL     (   68): setRadioState(0)

D/AT      (   68): AT> ATE0Q0V1

D/AT      (   68): AT< OK

I/RIL-SERIAL(   68): Found GSM Modem

D/AT      (   68): AT> ATE0

D/AT      (   68): AT< OK

D/AT      (   68): AT> ATE0Q0V1

D/AT      (   68): AT< OK

E/RIL-SERIAL(   68): TELIT:ril-serial.c sending CFUN=4

D/AT      (   68): AT> AT+CFUN=4

D/AT      (   68): AT< OK

D/AT      (   68): AT> AT&W

D/AT      (   68): AT< OK

D/AT      (   68): AT> AT&P

D/AT      (   68): AT< OK

D/AT      (   68): AT> ATS0=0

D/AT      (   68): AT< OK

D/AT      (   68): AT> AT+CMEE=1

D/AT      (   68): AT< OK

D/AT      (   68): AT> AT+CREG=2

D/AT      (   68): AT< OK

D/AT      (   68): AT> AT+CGREG=2

D/AT      (   68): AT< OK

D/AT      (   68): AT> AT+CMUT=0

D/AT      (   68): AT< OK

D/AT      (   68): AT> AT#QSS=2

D/AT      (   68): AT< OK

D/AT      (   68): AT> AT+WIND=32

D/AT      (   68): AT< OK

D/AT      (   68): AT> AT+CFUN?

D/AT      (   68): AT< +CFUN: 4

D/AT      (   68): AT< OK

D/RIL     (   68): setRadioState(0)

D/TelephonyManager(   72): No /proc/cmdline exception=java.io.FileNotFoundException: /proc/cmdline: open failed: EACCES (Permission denied)

D/TelephonyManager(   72): /proc/cmdline=

Someone have a solution for this?

regards,

Gianmaria

nvent...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2015, 1:59:18 PM2/28/15
to Robert Greenwalt, android-porting
This is my idea also, but ho to set the right permission in unit.rc?
Also... It seem like the ril works like a phone in airplane mode. Set the cfun to 4 and does nothing else later... Also my hui interface have no gsm status...
Very tricky....

Thanks,
Gianmaria
Inviato da HTC

Mar 1, 2015, 3:09:30 PM3/1/15
to android...@googlegroups.com, rgree...@google.com
At a guess I'd suggest adding the following line to your ueventd.rc

/dev/ttyACM0                 0660   radio      radio

paldan

Mar 1, 2015, 3:09:41 PM3/1/15
to android...@googlegroups.com, rgree...@google.com
Hi Gianmaria,

the Java part of the RIL (not the Telit one) is responsible to send the power request to put the modem in +CFUN=1.

The Telephony manager error should not be related to what you are experiencing.

Anyway, my advice is to contact Telit customer support: I don't think that anyone can help you here without source code (and Telit RIL is under NDA, so you cannot share it).

Regards,
Daniele