KitKat External Storage

Vivek Kumar Gupta

Sep 15, 2014, 12:30:06 PM9/15/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,
we are porting Kitkat android on a mips based hardware.
i am finding problem related to mounting SD card.
I have SD Card with multiple partition mounted for different things like one is boot file system which is used for booting android, one is for rootfs , one for media files like mp4, one for music file mp3.

Requirement is music file system should be mounted as External storage.

In init.rc, i am mounting it as /storage/sdcard2. From app when i retry to read via getExternalStorage it shows path as /storage/emulated/0/

app api is reading from env, what is exported from the init rc files.
Question:
1. what is 0 in /storage/emulated/0/
2. Is it possible to  hardcode path like /storage/sdcard2/music
Export in init script and java api can get it.
3. if possible where is multi user coming into picture if two guys save mp3 files via app.

Is there any thing which i am missing here.

i read KitKat have some new requirement about external storage and secondary storage.
thanks for your patience.
--
Regards
Vivek

Roman Mazur

Sep 17, 2014, 2:04:00 AM9/17/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
0 is a user ID. Emulated external storage is separated per user basis.
Probably this doc http://source.android.com/devices/tech/storage/index.html will give you understanding what to do.