How to debug in booting loop situation after flashing custom image?

Minjun Hong

Feb 28, 2017, 12:49:44 AM2/28/17
to android-porting
Hello. I'm developing a custom Android image for Nexus 6P from AOSP source code.
So I built Android after some modification and flashed those images
which I built on my Nexus device.
But it could not boot normally and just repeated Google logo and
warning for bootloader unlock.

Following is my build history:

1. I modified some parts in kernel and built it.

2. I replace $AOSP/device/huawei/angler-kernel/Image.gz-dtb with my
binary that I made in step 1, where $AOSP is root of AOSP source code.

3. I built AOSP source code like below:

$ source build/envsetup.sh
$ lunch aosp_angler
-userdebug
$ make
-j8

4. I flash the result on the device:

$ fastboot flashall -w

5. After flashing process, the Nexus 6P have trapped in the booting loop.

Then, how can I get some information why the device cannot boot normally?
Because, in the state(booting loop), I cannot use fastboot or adb, it
is hard to know what is going on.

I wait for any reply.
Thanks!

Vishwanath Hegde

Feb 28, 2017, 10:11:46 AM2/28/17
to nick...@gmail.com, android-porting
Hi,

Can you post the adb logs and the logs of dmesg here?

Regards,
Vishwanath

Igor Kalkov

Mar 2, 2017, 3:25:52 PM3/2/17
to android-porting, nick...@gmail.com
I don't think he has either of logs as the device doesn't boot at all.

Andrew Esh

Mar 2, 2017, 3:25:56 PM3/2/17
to android-porting
Did you install the device drivers for the 6P in your AOSP sandbox prior to doing the build? They can be found here: https://developers.google.com/android/drivers