How to disable synchronization between audio and video when using openmax al api

Ashutosh Pandey

Dec 13, 2016, 2:42:56 PM12/13/16
to android-porting
Hi,

I am playing Mpeg2ts data streaming over udp network in android. I am using openmax al apis exposed in NDK.
I am facing high latency around 800-900 ms. I am suspecting because of audio and video synchronization overhead latency is very high.
I searched for api to disable audio and video synchronization but didn't find one.

Glenn Kasten

Jan 2, 2017, 11:07:17 PM1/2/17
to android-porting
You may want to consider using the MediaCodec APIs.
Then you can control playback of each elementary stream more precisely yourself.