Device Owner - Get back status bar icons in lock task mode

Novak Savic

Mar 31, 2017, 10:33:41 AM3/31/17
to android-platform
I have developed device owner application that have some kiosk admin app capabilities.

Among other stuff, I'm using locktask mode in order to disable back button, home button, recent apps button and status bar. And this is all nice.
The problem is that icons (battery, wireless, ....) in status bar are not shown any more, this is not very nice for users .

This apps is intended to be used by company owned industrial devices, and it is very important for those icons to be shown all the time.

Is there any option that I can set in order to get those icons back?

Novak Savic

Mar 31, 2017, 1:12:11 PM3/31/17
to android-platform
The only workaround that I have at the moment is to create "custom status bar" (foreground service with permission to draw over other windows etc.).
But, it would be very nice if there is support in API to make status bar icons visible.

Igor Kalkov

Apr 1, 2017, 4:58:49 PM4/1/17
to android-platform
Hi Novak, Sorry I can't answer your question, but I might be interested in testing your application. Is there a way to get more information about it?