How to get rid of s5p-ehci USB controller?

Alexander Nikonov

Apr 16, 2014, 9:02:15 AM4/16/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I experience problems with kernel wakelock, named "s5p-ehci". In random moment it's getting seized my phone and the phone stops sleeping. It looks like:
all other kernel wakelocks and partial wakelocks take less than 1 min of activity, whereas s5p-ehci is active during hours. So, for instance, if s5p-ehci is active at night - I am loosing about 4% of charge per night (phone deep sleep time is 0%).

I am not an Android developer, but since there is no other kernel for my device (Meizu MX2) I'm eager to TURN OFF this damned s5p-ehci... Please, tell me, how to do it:
either via build.prop or via linux command or changing some configs.

I have tried to use other firmware, wiped my phone and tried to work without my apps, but all in vain: so I still don't know, WHY this s5p-ehci is on Earth getting so active so long all of the sudden. It has nothing to do with USB, because my phone is not plugged with cable when it happens :)

Alexander Nikonov

Apr 20, 2014, 3:14:11 PM4/20/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I've rolled back to Android 4.1 firmware and installed custom kernel. So far so good with phone sleep. If something gets wrong - I will start to turn off modules - this kernel allows me to...

Середа, 16 квітня 2014 р. 16:02:15 UTC+3 користувач Alexander Nikonov написав:

Alexander Nikonov

May 8, 2014, 8:26:03 AM5/8/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
UPD: on custom kernel situation is better, but what I have discovered:
phone seems not to detect when it's being plugged off from charger - no matter, USB cable from computer or wall socket wire. s5p-ehci does not go away and sucks off my battery. What only helps is manually resetting EHCI power: setting 0 in ehci_power file. As a result, something is reset, ehci power is on again, but this sucker goes away and after that everything is fine until next charge. But I need to find a root of the problem!

Going on investigation - too view info in Internet...

Неділя, 20 квітня 2014 р. 22:14:11 UTC+3 користувач Alexander Nikonov написав: