SELinux: halserverdomain never allow udp_socket create

Vijay Ch

Jun 6, 2018, 3:43:17 PM6/6/18
to android-platform
Hi,
     Currently i am writing SELinux Policy for my HAL in which i am trying to create an udp_socket.
      Based on avc:denied messsges i am writing SELinux policy to create udp_socket as below.

      selinux policy file hal_xxx_default.te looks as below.

##############
     type hal_xxx_default, domain, binder_in_vendor_violaters;
      hal_server_domain( hal_xxx_default,hal_xxx)

      type hal_xxx_default_exec, exec_type, vendor_file_type, file_type;
      init_daemon_domain(hal_xxx_default)

       allow hal_xxx_default self:udp_socket create_socket_perms;

############

When i compile the SEpolicy i get a build error like "neverallow halserverdomain udp_socket create"

The neverallow rule is defined in hal_neverallow.te as below (https://android.googlesource.com/platform/system/sepolicy/+/master/public/hal_neverallows.te)

    # Unless a HAL's job is to communicate over the network, or control network
    # hardware, it should not be using network sockets.
    neverallow {
     halserverdomain
     -hal_tetheroffload_server
     -hal_wifi_server
    -hal_wifi_supplicant_server
     -rild
     } domain:{ tcp_socket udp_socket rawip_socket } *;

could someone please tell me how can make the policy to allow socket creation?

  Regards,
   Vijay