Intercept system call

Everton Lucas

Mar 25, 2015, 10:17:16 AM3/25/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I would like to know if there's some way to intercept system calls like, for example, read and write to address book or files. The purpose of this is encrypt/decrypt the data.

Best Regards,
Everton Lucas

Kristopher Micinski

Mar 25, 2015, 8:04:36 PM3/25/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Are you trying to do this for your own apps, or for an arbitrary app?
The "traditional" way to do this is with ptrace, but you could also
modify libc by rerouting through libc and friends:

http://shadowwhowalks.blogspot.it/2013/01/android-hacking-hooking-system.html

Kris

Everton Lucas

Mar 30, 2015, 9:48:27 AM3/30/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Kristopher

I would like to intercept all contacts synchronization made by a phone to encrypt/decrypt these data before they was sent to Google, regardless app. Do you know if is it possible?
--
Best Regards,
Everton Lucas

Ferrari Alan

Apr 2, 2015, 2:47:20 PM4/2/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Lucas,

if I'm right once you accept google policies you also accept the fact that you're not sending encrypted data to them.

Back to the question. There are many ways to to that; android is an opensource project  thus you can modify whatever you want (https://source.android.com).

There is the option to work on application layer (code-injection techniques can filter off whatever you want) but I think google services are outside this scope.

Bests.

Alan