ueventd over libudev -- any specific reason ?

Satish Patel

Jul 22, 2015, 2:58:34 PM7/22/15
to android-platform
Hi,

Probably this would have discussed before, but I couldn't locate the pointers on this..

Why Android has ueventd implementation over existing libudev ? As both are using netlink sockets underneath and we can use libudev with more options, and follow same udev rules, as we have today in any traditional linux distribution..

Any pointers ??

-
satish

Chinmay V S

Jul 22, 2015, 3:24:27 PM7/22/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
>> Why Android has ueventd implementation over existing libudev?
Probably because AOSP prefers non-GPL components.
libudev = GPLv2(or newer)
​ueventd = Apache​ 2.0

regards
CVS

Glenn Kasten

Jul 22, 2015, 3:30:24 PM7/22/15
to android-platform, cvs...@gmail.com
FYI, the group android-contrib is sometimes used for similar topics: