Issue when apply oprofile into android 4.3

huangj...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2015, 3:53:46 AM2/6/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
hello all,

As a android beginner, I am working on android os (based arm), and plan to apply oprofile function into os. as what I see from some introduction, there are three parts for oprofile code:

1. kernel/arch/ARM/oprofile
2. Kernel/driver/oprofile
3. external/oprofile

currently above of the three parts are in my codebase, then I modified the device config file to turn on oprofile :
CONFIG_PROFILING=y
CONFIG_OPROFILE=y

but the build when I flashed into device,the expected command "opcontrol" and "oprofiled" are not present. I have no way to sample.

can anybody know the connections of the above 3 code? how can I debug  them?

expecting someone can give me some guideline. from what I found for oprofile, 95% are about how operate, but not explain it.

Regards,
Jenny