Installing Apps on external sdcard in Lollipop

Nikhil Saraf

Mar 10, 2015, 9:12:10 AM3/10/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am trying to install 3p apps on external sdcard. I see considerable change in Volume.cpp between JB and Lollipop like removal of bind mounting concept. I tried reverting back the changes but I get the following issues :-

E/Vold    (  144): Error creating imagefile (Read-only file system)
E/Vold    (  144): ASEC image file creation failed (Read-only file system)

What changes do I need to do in current Vold code to enable 3p Apps installation on external sdcard.

Thanks
Nikhil