Marshalling android.view.Surface objects using AIDL

Sridhar M

Feb 10, 2011, 2:57:04 AM2/10/11
to android-platform
Hi All,

I am facing exactly the same issue as described in the last post on
this thread.

http://groups.google.com/group/android-platform/browse_thread/thread/eb10ca12015771a6/b7ebafad8a49efe8?hide_quotes=no

I am trying to pass an android.view.Surface object from a java
application to another java service.

The Surface object does not get written properly (using
writeToParcel()) and hence is invalid on the other side.
Since this object has a Parcelable implementation, I am assuming this
should work and be supported.

Any suggestions/pointers will be of great help.

Regards,
-Sridhar

Kalpesh Patil

Feb 17, 2011, 1:29:38 AM2/17/11
to sridha...@gmail.com, android-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Buddy.

If you get the solution, I request you to post it here, or mail me.
I am still waiting to get a solution for it...

Thanks and Regards
Kalpesh Patil

Андрей Суворов

Feb 13, 2017, 11:34:42 AM2/13/17
to android-platform, sridha...@gmail.com
Mybe someone still looking for info.

Multiple application (from services or activities) can share SurfaceView. Another app can draw inside one app SurfaceView transmitted via aidl.
See this topic for one use case