A/B system incremental update

Yong Liu

Mar 20, 2018, 2:06:33 PM3/20/18
to android-platform
In a system which has A and B two systems, how to implement the incremental updates?

Let's assume that A system is running R10 and the B system is running R9 after the latest updating. Since the A system is the current active system, when we create the OTA incremental package, we are supposed to use the R10 release as the base version, of course it won't work to update the B system. So do I misunderstand the A/B system update? Do I need to keep those two systems synced?

Thanks in advance

Yong

Yong Liu

Mar 29, 2018, 7:53:18 PM3/29/18
to android-platform
No one had this issue? I really don't think so, can anyone please tell me if I misunderstood the A/B system update?

Colin Cross

Mar 29, 2018, 7:59:19 PM3/29/18
to android-...@googlegroups.com
If I understand correctly, the B update is applied by reading A (containing R10), applying the incremental changes, and writing to B.

Yong Liu

Apr 4, 2018, 2:57:44 PM4/4/18
to android-platform
Colin,

The process is not fully understood yet, but you are right, my assumption was wrong, the incremental package updated system B perfectly although it was generated basing on system A. I should have tried it before posting my question.

Thanks