Unable to connect to emulator over adb - error emulator: ASC 127.0.0.1:1970: Retrying connection

Subodh Nijsure

Oct 29, 2015, 1:42:07 PM10/29/15
to android-platform
Hello,

I have built my AOSP system images that I am trying to run using emulator --

I am using latest marshmallow branch, and selected target 'm_e_arm-userdebug'

And I am starting emulator as shown below, $HOME/emu contains all my img files.

ANDROID_BUILD=$HOME/emu/
${ANDROID_HOME}/tools/emulator \
-debug all -show-kernel \
-no-boot-anim \
-verbose \
-sysdir ${ANDROID_BUILD} \
-system ${ANDROID_BUILD}/system.img \
-ramdisk ${ANDROID_BUILD}/ramdisk.img \
-data   ${ANDROID_BUILD}/userdata.img \
-kernel ${ANDROID_HOME}/system-images/android-21/default/armeabi-v7a/kernel-qemu \
-skindir ${ANDROID_HOME}/platforms/android-21/skins \
-skin WVGA800 \
-scale 0.7 \
-memory 2048 \
-partition-size 1024

However my emulator doesn't seem to start and I can't adb shell to it and I see following message:

emulator: Error while connecting to socket '127.0.0.1:1970': 61 -> Connection refused
emulator: ASC 127.0.0.1:1970: Retrying connection. Connector FD = 25

Any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong? I am running emulator on OSX 10.11 platform.

-Subodh

Subodh Nijsure

Oct 29, 2015, 7:17:35 PM10/29/15
to android-platform
In case someone runs into this issue.

I changed the way I was starting emulator, instead of using  kernel from ${ANDROID_HOME}/system-images/
android-21/default/armeabi-v7a/kernel-qemu

I switched to using kernel that is build during AOSP emulator build and everything is working on emulator as expected.

Regards,
-Subodh

Matthias Schaff

Nov 5, 2015, 10:53:24 AM11/5/15
to android-platform
Hi,

I'm facing the same probleme here.
I built aosp_x86_64-eng from 5.0 branch, but it hasn't build an emulator.

which emulator

returns

$AOSP_ROOT/prebuilts/android-emulator/linux-x86_64/emulator

does anyone know whats the problem behind this issue?

Regards,
Matthias

Subodh Nijsure

Nov 5, 2015, 12:43:23 PM11/5/15
to android-platform
Have your tried running emulator binary from official Android SDK and give it parameters where it loads img files that you built?

-Subodh