[android-platform] adb is not working

Pradeep

Dec 15, 2009, 7:24:11 AM12/15/09
to android-platform, stev...@infraware.co.kr, snow...@infraware.co.kr
Hello All,

Have downloaded Android source from http://source.android.com/download,
then built it successfully. Used the command "make sdk" to create
Android SDK. After successful creation i tried to find list of
attached emulators using "./adb devices" from tools folder. It just
hangs for some time and ends up with an error message "error:
protocol fault (no status)" .

There is no helpful hit that i found on web.

Any help would be appreciated .

Thanks in advance,
Pradeep.

Javier Ubillos

Dec 15, 2009, 9:03:45 AM12/15/09
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I had a similar problem which was solved by running adb as root.
Try something ilke "sudo ./adb devices".

// Javier

Pradeep Reddy

Dec 15, 2009, 7:14:02 PM12/15/09
to android-...@googlegroups.com, stev...@infraware.co.kr, snow...@infraware.co.kr
Thanks for your suggestion Javier. In my case result is same  "error:
protocol fault (no status)" even as a root.

Any suggestions please ...

-Pradeep

Raghu Gandham

Dec 17, 2009, 4:58:49 PM12/17/09
to android-...@googlegroups.com, stev...@infraware.co.kr, snow...@infraware.co.kr
Please try "adb kill-server" and then try "adb devices"

Thanks,
Raghu

Pradeep Reddy

Dec 18, 2009, 1:50:59 AM12/18/09
to android-...@googlegroups.com, stev...@infraware.co.kr, snow...@infraware.co.kr
Yup .. that right .. Its working now .. Thanks a lot Raghu ..

Heniuro

Jan 1, 2010, 8:16:27 PM1/1/10
to android-platform
I'm having exactly the same problem but on Win XP (32bit, prof.)
HTC Magic 32A, unrooted, vanilla rom.

kill-server doesnt help, reinstalling drivers neither.

Almost for every command i get "error:protocol fault (no status)"
I'm logged to administrator account.

Any ideas ?