Android Studio - multiple Switch Buttons

hariprasad

Jan 23, 2018, 10:48:50 AM1/23/18
to android-platform
Hi,

I am new to Android development and am having a question about multiple switch buttons. How to retrieve values smartly and make this data available for other activities?

To save the button state and retrieve your information in this activity I do it as follows:

protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
    super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);

    switchButtonOne = findViewById(R.id.switchButtonOne);
    switchButtonOne.setChecked(true);

    switchButtonTwo = findViewById(R.id.switchButtonTwo);
    switchButtonTwo.setChecked(false);

...... (In total there are 5 switch buttons)

//switchButtonOne
    switchButtonOne.setOnCheckedChangeListener((compoundButton, isChecked) -> {
        if(isChecked){
            stringArrayList.add("1");
        }else {
            stringArrayList.remove("1");
        }
        getArray(stringArrayList);
        //SAVE
        sharedPreferences[0] = PreferenceManager
                .getDefaultSharedPreferences(getApplicationContext());
        SharedPreferences.Editor editor = sharedPreferences[0].edit();
        editor.putBoolean("1", switchButtonOne.isChecked());
        editor.commit();
    });
    switchButtonOne.setChecked(sharedPreferences[0].getBoolean("1", false));

    //switchButtonTwo
    switchButtonTwo.setOnCheckedChangeListener((compoundButton, isChecked) -> {
        if(isChecked){
            stringArrayList.add("2");
        }else {
            stringArrayList.remove("2");
        }
        getArray(stringArrayList);
        //SAVE
        sharedPreferences[0] = PreferenceManager
                .getDefaultSharedPreferences(getApplicationContext());
        SharedPreferences.Editor editor = sharedPreferences[0].edit();
        editor.putBoolean("2", switchButtonTwo.isChecked());
        editor.commit();
    });

As you can see I do not have much knowledge in Android development! That's why I'm very lost! Can you give me a hand? On leaving part available for other activities I could not even get out of the way.

Thank You

Hari