vbox_x86 lunch target missing

Michael Moussa

Jul 1, 2015, 1:21:53 PM7/1/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Not sure when this happened, but in the latest master I no longer see a vbox_x86 lunch target. I use to see it before, maybe pre 5.0, not sure exactly. Did AOSP drop support for vbox? Or is there another way to bring it in now?

Thanks,
Mike

ma...@xemi.net

Jul 13, 2015, 10:17:34 AM7/13/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I have the same question.

Is there a reason why you you can't use generic_x86 or mini_emulator x86?  I'm wondering if vbox was deprecated if either of these are suitable substitutes.

Michael Moussa

Jul 13, 2015, 4:17:51 PM7/13/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com

I'm trying to create a vbox image for my use case as I am not able to deploy a hardware accelerated qemu based vm on an AMD windows machine.

In my dev environment is not a problem, as I am running on Ubuntu for dev.

Mike