Google SUPL server port (OMA specs)

Rafael Eduardo Wolf de Goes

Sep 17, 2014, 12:43:20 PM9/17/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I was reading OMA specs regarding SUPL and I found that port 7275 SHALL be used for ULP messages, interface Lup, as registered with IANA. This protocol is used to communicate between the device and SUPL Location Platform *** (SLP)  (no proxy) or SLC (proxy).

In addition, port 7276 SHALL be used for ILP messages, interface Llp. This interface is ONLY used between the SUPL Location Center (SLC) and the SUPL Positioning Center (SPC) (Llp). (not used by the device)

Since I found some people discussing about setting port 7276 in their devices and also Google provides SUPL service in this port, I am in doubt about my understanding  of OMA specifications for SUPL.

Shouldn't Google provide SUPL service only in port 7275 and also all devices being configured only to port 7275 ?

Please, refer to "Appendix B" for Lup and "Appendix C" for Llp in 'OMA-AD-SUPL-V2_0-20120417-A', as some examples.

Thank you in advance!

Sincerely
Rafael Goes

*** The SLP contains the SLC and SPC Functions (that's why it doesn't require proxy)

Source:
OMA-TS-ULP-V2_0_1-20121205-A
OMA-AD-SUPL-V2_0-20120417-A

Aakash Kaushal

Nov 9, 2014, 11:44:59 PM11/9/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
hi Rafael

You are correct. 7275 is the port used for connection . we have tested SUPL ver 1 with google server with same port.
I have a query may be you can help us. Do you any SLP(Server) which supoort SUPL ver 2?. or does google suport SUPL 2.?
we are working on client side for SUPL 2 develoment.

regards
aakash kaushal

praveen sharma

Dec 30, 2015, 2:40:37 PM12/30/15
to android-platform

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me is there any possibility to track data packet that comes from supl.google.com?

As I saw in android framework class GPSLocationProvider.java we have field to set SUPL server IP address and port. So if I would like to set my server ID then can I do that without building framework?

Ralf G. R. Bergs

Feb 2, 2016, 10:15:23 AM2/2/16
to android-platform

On Wednesday, December 30, 2015 at 8:40:37 PM UTC+1, praveen sharma wrote:
Can anyone tell me is there any possibility to track data packet that comes from supl.google.com?
What exactly is your point? Why do you want to trace SUPL traffic for what you want to achieve?
As I saw in android framework class GPSLocationProvider.java we have field to set SUPL server IP address and port. So if I would like to set my server ID then can I do that without building framework?
On a rooted device you can set it in /etc/gps.conf, sometimes in a different file (some XML file). But remember that as the communication is protected by TLS the device tries to establish the authenticity of the SUPL server, so you must have a valid server certificate for your hostname (although sometimes the device is very sloppy with this and doesn't make sure the server certificate is signed by a trusted root.)

Ralf G. R. Bergs

Feb 2, 2016, 10:15:23 AM2/2/16
to android-platform

On Monday, November 10, 2014 at 5:44:59 AM UTC+1, Aakash Kaushal wrote:

Do you any SLP(Server) which supoort SUPL ver 2?. or does google suport SUPL 2.?
we are working on client side for SUPL 2 develoment.
supl.vodafone.com:7275 is SUPL 2.0-compliant. It is world-wide reachable.

Droideee

Mar 28, 2016, 9:58:18 AM3/28/16
to android-platform
Thanks Ralf,

I need to write own SUPL client wrapper so i need to write own method for SUP call flows.

Let me know do is their any way to overwrite SUPL call flows like as SUPL_POS_INIT without root android ROM.

Ralf G. R. Bergs

Mar 28, 2016, 6:16:29 PM3/28/16
to android-platform
On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 3:58:18 PM UTC+2, Droideee wrote:
I need to write own SUPL client wrapper so i need to write own method for SUP call flows.

Let me know do is their any way to overwrite SUPL call flows like as SUPL_POS_INIT without root android ROM.
Sorry, I cannot help here. I'm not an Android systems programmer... :-(

Androux Andro

Mar 10, 2017, 6:53:15 PM3/10/17
to android-platform

Hi, Aakash Kaushal.
I ask you after 3 years from this issue, did you find supl-proxy support oma-ulp protocol version 2.x?
I try to read supl data, when disabling TLS connection from the android rooted phone ulp data pass clear but Wireshark can't decode it because it does not support this version of ulp protocol. so did you have any solution?