Backporting WebKit from 4.1.2 to 2.2

Joe Skerratt

Aug 21, 2017, 11:16:36 AM8/21/17
to android-platform
Hello,

I am working on a piece of legacy hardware which runs a modified version of Froyo 2.2. Some recent updates have caused problems as the WebKit is not compatible with large parts of HTML5.

The first webkit that works correctly is found on 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Does anyone know if it is possible to backport the whole WebKit? I've already started but it seems I will need to bring in Chromium as well, which adds a heck of a lot of work.

I would love some help, and hopefully this post now conforms to more of the rules. It is very important I get advice support on this.