How to use emulator built from AOSP

polomora

Mar 4, 2016, 8:18:08 AM3/4/16
to android-platform
Hello,

We have customized the mediaserver in Android to add extra sound effects, and have managed to build the AOSP platform code for the Nexus 6P, and install the images to the phone. I was wondering if we could do the same using the emulator, since the emulator mimics the full Android stack and Linux kernel.

I built the emulator using the commands
. build/envsetup.sh
lunch aosp_arm-eng
make -j12

I built the emulator Android 6.0.0_r26 (MDB08M). I've been trying to configure AVD profiles using the command
prebuilts/devtools/tools/android avd
but I'm not able to create new configurations or edit existing ones, because the "target" drop-down item is always greyed-out.

The following post on SO indicates that when using the SDK, the EABI system image has to be installed

But is this also valid when using the AOSP platform instead of the SDK?   If so, where is this done?

[PS, not sure if this is the correct forum to post to.]

Thanks,
Paul

Arokux X

Mar 4, 2016, 10:57:54 AM3/4/16
to android-...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 9:19 AM, polomora <polo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have customized the mediaserver in Android to add extra sound effects,
> and have managed to build the AOSP platform code for the Nexus 6P, and
> install the images to the phone. I was wondering if we could do the same
> using the emulator, since the emulator mimics the full Android stack and
> Linux kernel.
>
> I built the emulator using the commands
> . build/envsetup.sh
> lunch aosp_arm-eng
> make -j12
>
> I built the emulator Android 6.0.0_r26 (MDB08M). I've been trying to
> configure AVD profiles using the command
>
> prebuilts/devtools/tools/android avd

What about running

$ emulator

( Make sure you run the following again if you open your fresh terminal:

. build/envsetup.sh
lunch aosp_arm-eng

)

Best,