Disabling system services in rooted Android device

uday

Jul 1, 2016, 1:32:33 PM7/1/16
to android-platform

I'm working on disabling the Telephony, Sensor and Location services in our android device as they are not needed for our devices. As i found from some articles, based on the system properties set, android system will take care of disabling then during boot time itself. But i didn't find where the respective system properties set in the android system.

Can any one please tell me where can i modify in order to not to start the above mentioned services ?

If we disable them what could be the impact on other system default apps ?

Looking for a great response..

Arne-Christian Blystad

Jul 2, 2016, 9:38:09 PM7/2/16
to android-platform
Location: https://android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/base/+/android-6.0.1_r46/services/java/com/android/server/SystemServer.java#435

Check system/etc/permissions/ and delete permissions for services that you don't want/support. We've removed telephony permission on our device and that seems to work fine. You also need to modify init.rc to disable ril from starting.

voks

Jul 2, 2016, 9:38:09 PM7/2/16
to android-platform
Look platform/frameworks/base/services/java/com/android/server/SystemServer.java

asys...@163.com

Aug 4, 2016, 10:27:16 AM8/4/16
to android-platform
/system/build.prop    or   /data/property

you can try

but i always set the property when building the rom

在 2016年7月2日星期六 UTC+8上午1:32:33,uday写道: