Vendor Ownership Requirements

Dave Smith

Aug 4, 2015, 1:13:26 PM8/4/15
to android-platform
Hi all -

I recently discovered that certain targets placed into a vendor/ product overlay are subject to specialized requirements where they must declare an "owner", which comes from a pre-defined whitelist: http://androidxref.com/5.1.1_r6/xref/build/core/tasks/vendor_module_check.mk

Things like PRODUCT_COPY_FILES or any custom module definition fail to add without the owner string. Can anyone explain to me what the intended purpose of this is? Beyond this enforced check at build time, I don't see anywhere that this value is really used. What are we trying to enforce here?

Cheers,
--
Dave Smith, PE
@devunwired

Glenn Kasten

Aug 5, 2015, 10:23:00 AM8/5/15
to android-platform
The group android-building includes discussion of topics like this.
It's focus is building AOSP-supported targets from AOSP distribution.
(I'm one of the volunteer moderators on android-building)

Dave Smith

Aug 5, 2015, 10:25:53 AM8/5/15
to android-platform
OK. I will re-post there.