How google employees develop framework code

Pu Yongming

Sep 22, 2015, 10:47:38 AM9/22/15
to android-platform
Hi,

Can anybody tell me how google employees to edit, compile, debug android framework code(include C, C++, java code). I know how to use Android studio to debug java framework code, but I have no idea how to debug C/C++ code.

Do you guys use eclipse, source insight, android studio or vim?

vijay mishra

Sep 22, 2015, 11:04:46 AM9/22/15
to android-platform
Hi Pu,

   I am not sure about Google Employees, but we use Eclipse with ADT-Plugin(for android/java files) and CDT-plugin(for C/C++) files and it works great for the projects which has mixed java and C/C++ files.
   Just Create a Java project in eclipse at existing project folder location and Add C/C++ nature to the project once java compilation is done .
   Google about this more and you will get what you need.

Regards
Vijay

Pu Yongming

Sep 23, 2015, 10:01:09 AM9/23/15
to android-platform
Thank you, buddy

Stuart Small

Sep 23, 2015, 2:39:45 PM9/23/15
to android-platform
Once again, I don't know how Google does it... but here is a slide set of a good set up:  http://www.opersys.com/downloads/cc-slides/android-debug/slides-main-150425.pdf

Android studio for java coding and debugging.  GDB for native code debugging.  The class that goes along with this presentation is very much worth the money if you can get your employer to pay for it.