To add DHCP option 125 to DHCP request/ DHCP discover

Aurovind Sagar

Feb 20, 2018, 12:27:33 PM2/20/18
to android-platform

I am looking for inputs on queries below, pertaining to DHCP option 125 (V-I vendor specific information) request in android.

  1. I want to enable DHCP option 125 in DHCP DHCPDISCOVER, DHCPREQUEST, DHCPINFORM. Anyone has already done similar work for the same or any other DHCP option? With my reading, I see I need to change DhcpClient.java and DhcpPacket.java to enable option 125.

  2. My gateway sends the required data in DHCPOFFER and DHCPACK. Via which class or interface I can read the option data? Note - The info is required for both WiFi and Non-WiFi (Ethernet) modes. I see WiFiManager has getDhcpInfo() method but it provides very minimal information. I can enhance DhcpInfo to provide the required info. But I need the information in non-WiFi (Ethernet) mode as well. So, do we have a common class where I can get Dhcp information for both WiFi and Ethernet? Or Probably I need to enhance EthernetManager for non-Wifi connection?