Webview load URL opening up blank page for HTTPS

jayanth v.n

Jul 25, 2011, 10:24:12 AM7/25/11
to android-platform
Hi All,

I am working on a small app which uses webview to open up a hidden
link. But https is showing up a blank page so can anyone help me on
this.

Code:

webview.loadUrl("https://www.gmail.com");

This opens just a blank page and I tried writing a custom HTTP client
and there it throws up a SSL exception. But this works well with just
HTTP . So if the webview issue is solved it will be very helpful.

Thanks,
Jayanth

Deep

Aug 28, 2011, 5:09:12 AM8/28/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
In this case overide methods of webview use to handle SSL certificate and accept ssl certificate it will run successfully.

public void onReceivedSslError (WebView view, SslErrorHandler handler, SslError error) {

 handler
.proceed() ;

}

});