How to run the tests given inside art/test in aosp

Anu Varshini

Oct 31, 2017, 10:08:46 AM10/31/17
to android-platform
Hi

I am trying to execute the tests that are given when downloading the sources. I am concentrating on the ART part tests available inside art/test.
Here are my questions:

1. How to run these tests on a target after flashing the android image.
2. Some tests are specifically said that it requires JACK. How to enable jack on target device.
3. Looks like dx supports java 7 compiled code. Some tests cases which are not compatible to dx (i.e., written in java8 ) how can it be executed.
4. Some tests require smali , dexmerger libs. Do we have to compile it separately.

Please clarify my doubts.

Leland Takamine

Feb 19, 2018, 1:24:28 PM2/19/18
to android-platform
I'm also trying to run these tests but getting errors like this:

+WARNING: Bad classpath entry ignored: file '/Volumes/AOSP/out/host/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/core-oj-hostdex_intermediates/classes.jack' does not exist
+ERROR: /private/var/folders/hj/v8lvgzpx7hs2b5x4_rd25f3r0000gn/T/lelandtakamine/test-49753/src/Main.java:1: The type java.lang.Object cannot be found in source files, imported jack libs or the classpath

Anu Varshini

May 4, 2018, 1:45:04 PM5/4/18
to android-platform
I remounted the permissions using verity .img and then i was able to execute these tests