Customised Android Framework Resource APK's resources are not accessible from xml layouts

Rahul Jaiswal

Apr 29, 2017, 1:30:27 PM4/29/17
to android-platform

I've made my own resource apk (xproj_framework_res.apk) and created an image. I am loading this apk from AssetManager, with default framework_res.apk. Not If I try to access these resource from any java class (Activity or Fragment), I can easily access by importing R.java of that package.

i.e. import xroj.R

But if I try to access the same in xml layout, I am not able to access.

What I did in xml layout is as following:

<TextView
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"
android:text="@xproj:string/xproj_demo_text" />

But I am not able to access this. Can anybody help me understanding, what's wrong with my approach.

BR, Rahul