Has anyone seen a need to add battery level constraint in Android L jobscheduler?

kzh

Mar 4, 2015, 2:04:50 PM3/4/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Jobscheduler is very useful feature in Android L. It provides the solution to reduce device wake up and extend battery life. I have seen some use case to run only when the battery on certain level with system idle, network, charger or plugged-in constraint. I feel it is convenient to have this into current jobscheduler framework. So I like to see if anyone else has seen such need as well.

thanks,

-kzh

kzh

Mar 18, 2015, 9:53:29 AM3/18/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I have posted a question about two weeks ago to see if there is a need to add battery level constraint in Job Scheduler in Android L. But the real question lead to this need is any use case need to schedule a job at certain battery level. For example, I may like to download a bigger file only when the battery level is above 30%. You can think this is power awareness scheduler. Any one else see such need?